Saturday, February 17, 2007

Lectures for Philadelphia Society and AEI

On April 28, I will be lecturing at the national meeting of the Philadelphia Society in Philadelphia. My lecture will be entitled "Darwinian Conservatism as the New Fusionism." I will elaborate some points I have made on this blog about how Darwinian conservatism could support a fusion of libertarian and traditionalist principles in conservative thought. John West will be on the same program to debate me.

On May 3, West and I will continue our debate at the American Enterprise Institute in Washington, D.C. On the side of anti-Darwinism, West will be joined by George Gilder. On the side of defending Darwinism, I will be joined by John Derbyshire.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm eagerly anticipating the AEI debate especially. It's deeply satisfying to see the underlying motivations of the ID movement (saving society from destruction caused by a lack of belief in a supernatural Authority Figure) finally starting to be revealed & challenged in prominent venues.

Do you know if CSPAN will be covering at least the AEI debate?